This delicious meal is pretty easy to make. Just prep it right before you go to bed, and wake up to the smell of a yummy, low-carb breakfast.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package frozen peppers and onions
- 12 large eggs
- spices to taste
- Grease the sides and bottom of the slow cooker with butter.
- Brown the sausage.
- Layer half of each of the sausage, yogurt, peppers/onions, and cheese (in that order). Repeat with another layer of each, but keep a little bit of the cheese aside for later.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and spices to taste (see notes).
- Pour the egg and spice mixture evenly over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over everything.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- The first time I made this I used chili powder, cumin, and oregano for my spices, and it was very yummy. It would probably also be good with oregano, basil, and rosemary.
- Bacon! Everything is better with bacon! And I bet this is no exception. Next time I will add a couple of layers of bacon. Ham might be another good addition.
- You could probably lower the carb count a bit by taking out the Greek yogurt, but it adds a nice flavor.